Apple Coffee Cake

Hey Good Lookin' Watcha Got Cookin?! - Apple Coffee Cake

12:00:00 AM


I am super excited to share this recipe with you! This is a culmination of my two loves...when Apples and Cinnamon collide! Its yum-diddly-umptcious! I made it with Lactose free milk since my big is lactose intolerant. But you can make it with regular milk! Start by preheating your oven to 375.


In a large bowl combine:
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. baking powder

I took 2 large apples and chopped them up into bite sized pieces. I did leave the outer skin on but if you prefer no skin, peel it! Add into the bowl:
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 large apples, any kind (I like mine more sweet so I went with Fuji)
  • 3 Tbsp. melted margarine or butter

I then add in 1 cup of milk. Like I said before I used Lactose Free because of my big. But you can use any type of milk you like! Mix it all together. You will notice the consistency is "tacky". I used my fingers and pulled it off the spoon so that I could remix into the bowl again.


Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam (or any other baking spray you have on hand!) and pour your mixture into the pan. I again, used my hands to sh-mush the ingredients all around. It will stick to your hands so I suggest lightly greasing your "pressing" hand before!


In a small bowl combine:
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 heaping tsp. cinnamon
Mix together with a fork until combined. You then will add in 6 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine.


Mix the butter in with a fork...and I have to be honest. My camera battery died...right at this spot! SO...let me explain the rest...take this sugary gooey mixture and scatter over top of your batter. Its not a "flakey" topping but try and get it evenly spread as much as possible! Bake for 40-45 minutes at 375.


I shared a little bit with a friend and then the rest of what we had is almost completely gone! My husband started breaking pieces off from the moment he walked in the door! I would say this recipe is husband and children approved! Have a blessed day! Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments