hey good lookin' watcha got cookin'

Veggie bake with Simply Pototoes

9:17:00 PM


As a little girl I had the privilege of standing beside one of the most incredible woman I have ever met. Her name was Lucia and she was the first generation of her family to arrive in America from Italy. One thing I learned from her is the importance of making a meal. You use only the best ingredients as you prepare it with love. Gathering around and filling the room with laughter as you dig in spending time with one another.

All this was made easy because of Simply Potatoes®. I was able to stick to Lucia's advice on the best ingredients as they are simply made with always fresh, never frozen potatoes that go from farm, to fridge, to fork. Let me start by saying...these made my life a heck of a lot easier when it came to food prep and I was greatly surprised by how good they REALLY were!


This recipe is a favorite of ours. We paired it with marinara and fried eggs, one of Lucia's specialties brought over from Italy.

Preheat your oven to 450. I used a 13x9 pan ungreased.

You will need:




I start with the Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes, dumping them into a large bowl. You will then quarter the mushrooms and  toss them in as well.


Set the cheese aside till the very end. Dice up a slice or two of red onion into small bite sized piece. Break apart your asparagus, I always throw away the bottom part of the stalk (so I break into 3...keeping 2, tossing the bottom). Toss into your bowl.



Using a wooden spoon gently combine the ingredients together. Then add in 2 heaping Tbsp of garlic. I use garlic so much I keep a jar of minced garlic in the fridge.


Sprinkle in kosher salt. I love the grittiness it gives the veggies. I do it by sight, not too much and not too little! Then you will drizzle a good amount of Olive Oil all over and toss. The veggies should be coated well. Especially your Simply Potatoes.


Once thoroughly combined, dump into your 13x9 baking dish and stick directly into the oven. Bake 30-45 min (check your veggies to see if they are tender) stirring every 15 minutes. Before removing from the oven, sprinkle the parmigiano reggiano over the top. Melt and serve.


I love the simplicity yet tender flavors this dish brings.  Simply bellissimo. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments