banana

2nd Annual Christmas Cookie Exchange - Link up party

8:17:00 AM


Today you can find recipes and link ups galore with some friends through this awesome link up! They are drool worthy for sure! The cookie recipe I share here is a favorite of mine passed down by my grandma!


1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg

I start with the shortening and the sugar. Mixing well then add in the egg. Now my grandma used to separate each part into multiple bowls. I simplified this recipe by figuring out the proper order of ingredients! 


Mush up 3 bananas in a separate bowl and combine into your bowl. I love to let the kids mush the bananas for me! They get a real kick out of it! Once this is combined you will add in:

1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg


Mix completely and then last you are going to dump in 3 1/2 cups of flour. When you are finished place your bowl of dough into the refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Bake 11 minutes. Let cool and enjoy! My grandma would place these in the freezer with wax paper in-between each layer. I used to sneak them out by the handfuls and eat them frozen! SO delicious!


Link Rules:
  • Link up as many recipes as you would like as long as they are Cookie Exchange worthy! Fudges, nuts and candies work!
  • No need to link back but we would love for you to spread the word!
Come link up your best Christmas cookie recipes!

You Might Also Like

0 comments