God

Love

7:08:00 AM


All of me, loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges. All your perfect imperfections. Give your all to me, I'll give my all to you. Your my end and my beginning. Even when I lose I'm winning.

WOW...John John. (John Legend and I are on first name basis.) Could he have said it any better? This is the first love song in a long time that stabs me in the heart with such penetrating truth I fall over out of breath and tears streaming. I couldn't have written it any better if I tried. Cause you know what...love is just that. Giving your all to 1 person. Through the highs, lows and the toe stubbing trials. I give my all to this 1 person. Risking it all. See love is beautiful and ugly at the same time. Unfortunately that dates all the way back to the very beginning of our existence. In the garden. Eyes were opened to shame, anger and disbelief when it was meant for us to feel only elation and happy feelings.

My husband and I have been married for going on 9 years. HOLY MOLY...I had to do math there! We have been together for 12. WOW. Shocked again! Time flies when your having fun, I tell ya!


With that we have shared moments of joy (the greatest being our 4 blessings) and also had some of our roughest moments (the hardest was the loss of 4 babies). We have loved each other through sickness and health, as he watched me almost lose my life after I brought a life INTO this world. He nursed me through surgeries, through late nights of not being able to breath and rushing me to the hospital on a whim (I am a severe asthmatic). I was holding his hand as the ambulance came when he tore his meniscus during a softball game. We have come head to head with his parents on religion (We are non-denominational but he comes from a very catholic family.) This has been our one and only battle that has caused us the most riffs in our marriage. Which is truly sad if you think about it! In the beginning when we were finding our footing we fought a fight that wasn't our battle...but someone elses "thought on how we should be living our married life." The first few years with this subject were rough. Although we were on the same page, these were outside influences that made it difficult for us to be happy with our decisions. Now, we just laugh about it and give away any books or pamphlets that are "gifted" to us. Our love is cemented and has been made stronger by the trials and tribulations that shaped us. Our love is life giving to the other person as we share in the triumphs and elated moments. "To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” Mark 12:33 


The day I said yes to Paul asking me for my hand in marriage, as we stood on pier 62/63 in Seattle. I jumped in with my whole self. Not feet first, but heart. I prayed for him to come into my life and I fell in love with him over a bag of peanut butter M&M's. We are the most opposite people you will ever meet. And he completes me. He is my best friend. And when we wed, we took our vows seriously. We signed a covenant. NOT a contract. We have watched family and friends separate and even divorce. We have seen others hearts hurt from wondering eyes. In a way, I feel it has made our love stronger.

My children are my everything. But my priorities are in this order: 
1. God {"'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me." Isaiah 44:6}
2. Paul
3. Emily Grace, Noah, Ava Faith and Olivia Joy

We pray together. We laugh together. We go to bed every night together. We rush home to be with one another and we have come together to be one solid unit. We love together. We parent together. We are friends with each other. The devil can do his darnedest to come between us but our foundation has been cemented with God being the core of our relationship. This was absolute best thing we could have started our relationship with. As we have grown stronger in our faith...we have grown stronger in our relationship. "Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law" Romans 13:8


I pray your day is blessed! I leave you with my favorite video on love...






You Might Also Like

0 comments