hey good lookin' watcha got cookin'

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'

7:21:00 PM

As I am typing I am listening to my kids fight while they are supposed to be sleeping. One is crying, one is laughing and mama...well she could use another cup of Joe! Anyone have a solution (besides separate rooms...that would be my ideal solution!) Today has been a day. Best way to put it! Started out amazing and then worked it's way into mediocre but was still determined to make the best of it. And you know what I like to do when the day gets tough? Cook!

I was bringing a meal to a sweetheart of a friend! Someone I met at the doctors office right after I had Noah actually! We had this horrible snow storm...like major for Portland area (12" total!) and I had a brand new baby and a brand new sinus infection! She was sweet enough to help me out to my car! We are still friends to this day and I just love her! This is a favorite of my family and a staple for warm days! You can eat it warm (just after you make it) or cold!

Creamy Pesto Pasta with Chicken-

8 oz cooked pasta (I used the veggie rotini)
1 package of Chicken strips sauteed in a pan (you know the ones you can get to add to salads? I love the southwestern flavored one! I always keep a few in my freezer!)
1 cup cherry tomato's cut in half (today I used ones from my garden that were yellow, red and orange (yes they were ripe silly!)
1/2-3/4 cup black olives sliced in half
1/4 cup pesto
1/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (I use the good ol' pizza style kind!)

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Was it nap-time? My kids can't nap together, so one of them naps on my bed. It works well.

    ReplyDelete