basil

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'

11:16:00 AM

Today's recipe is one of our faves! I grow most of the ingredients in my garden, its easy, my family loves it and so far everyone I have made it for loves it as well! The aroma that fills your home...YUM!!

It's called: Marinara! We make it to cover angel hair pasta and serve it with meatballs or I will just make the sauce and use it to make pizza's! No more spaghetti from a jar when you have this puppy! (OK...so I do use jarred spaghetti sauce for some recipes as it is easy in a pinch. But we NEVER use it for actual spaghetti sauce!)


First in a medium sized sauce pan pour in about a pancake sized portion of olive oil. Turn heat on to medium.



The easiest way to cut your white onion (yellow would work too) is cut length wise slits (don't cut all the way through) and then turn your onion and do the same thing the other direction!


You will then cut your onion as you were cutting it normal and VOILA! I do about 1/2 of a medium onion!



Toss your onions into the heated oil and cook about 5 minutes or till fragrant and translucent!

You can sorta see the difference!


Next is a can of crushed tomatoes! AND I use about 10-12 leaves of fresh basil (yummy!!)


Mix in with the sauteed onions and I also love to add in a large bowl full of meatballs! (I use the bag of meatballs from Costco. They are pre-cooked and frozen...so I thaw a large bowl full in the microwave for about 4-5 minutes) You will let this simmer on medium-low for 35 minutes.


Don't forget to stir it every once in a while!


We like to serve ours over angel hair pasta and make garlic bread to go with! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!! Happy eating!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments