big brother

Thankful Thursday

2:09:00 PM

Today I am most thankful for Noah. He is my only son and so very much a mama's boy. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like that! The months leading up to Noah I was scared. More scared than I have been with any of my children. I was scared about what going from a mom of 1 to a mom of 2 would do. Would I be able to handle this job? Am I worthy enough? Can I love him as much as he should be loved? Will I still love Emily Grace the same way? I used to contemplate these questions as I would hold the hand of my daughter. I had never known the kind of love I have for my children before her.

The day finally came and the moment I heard his cry I wept tears of joy. I felt more love for this child than I ever knew could be possible. He truly is a gift from God.



Words can not describe the moment where your first child meets their sibling. It is magical. This baby is not only yours but all of yours. Noah was the most easy going, gentle, quiet, mild mannered and sweet baby boy. He is ornery which was means he doesn't fall far from the tree! He is a go with the flow, quick tempered, genuine child. His heart is huge and he melts into my arms each day for kisses and loves. Nothing can compare to the love you will have with your son. I was scared to have a boy. But it's funny cause I now wonder what would I do with a boy? I am as girly as you can get. They teach you strength, honesty, humility and to laugh.

I get giddy at the prospect of alone time with my son. There is no other like him. He loves his family and sure takes on the roll of "man of the house" when daddy is not home! We have a life verse for Noah:

"Love the Lord our God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind.- This is the first and the greatest commandment. And the second is like it, 'Love your neighbor as yourself'. -Mathew 22:37-39


You may see this picture from time to time as it was one of his first modeling "debuts" taken from a friend who has Happenstance Photography. We have found it as close as the Internet and Missouri to as far away as Europe! This truly shows his personality!



He is a wonderful little brother and looks up to his older sister, but he is an even better big brother and takes care of his baby sister! There is no other like him and I am truly blessed to call him mine.

You Might Also Like

0 comments