Like Arrows

Like Arrows

8:38:00 PM


Parenting. Let's just say it is the most selfless job you can have. Continuously being depended on to be our children's everything. When you deliver this labor of love, or even adopt...no handbook comes along with them. We cannot search Google for a manual. Instead we rely on our own instincts and friends or family who have walked the path we are entering. Truly though, God DOES give us a living manual within the pages of Psalm.

Like Arrows, is taking you on a journey. The days are long but the years are short. I can agree with this statement for sure. It seems like just yesterday I was playing dress up with my eldest child. Now, she is interested in hanging out with her friends and preparing for middle school. The years are flying, although some days are so long I cannot wait for bedtime. I start to regret those thoughts when I sit back and take them all in. I love this quote from the movie, "Children are the living messages that we sent forth to a time we will not see." This is so incredibly true because our children are watching our every move. Despite what we THINK we are showing them, the see all the good, the bad and the ugly. How are you showing your kids that you rely on God for much more than just praying before bedtime and meals? Are they seeing us take the time to open our bibles? Do they see you asking for forgiveness when you have done wrong? Our goal should be to live a life in Jesus, instead of working Jesus into our lives. We need to teach our kids that their identities should not be wrapped up in things of this world, but instead that their true identity is as a child of God. Faith needs to be more than just church on Sunday. Christ needs to be at the center. He is the foundation of your family. With HIM as a strong foundation below your feet, you will not falter. We need the words of Jesus more than our bodies need food...be open and present to hear Him. To seek Him and to reach out to Him. By being an example we will cast this vision to own kids. We can be imperfect, but faithful parents.

There were moments in the movie that struck me to my core. I really loved the message and am thrilled it comes to theatres :: FOR A LIMITED TIME :: in select theatres on May 1st and 3rd. If you need a boost, or just a great movie to see you can start by going HERE entering in your zipcode to find the closest movie location. I am grateful for Family Life Ministries letting me be a part of this campaign so I could watch the movie prior to its release. Let me tell you, I actually took notes. It gave me lots to think about.


“Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post. Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller/FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days on the same blog, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.




You Might Also Like

0 comments