Down Home Comfort

9:27:00 PM


The 4 goons are my world! OK so I am only showing you 2 of my 4...but you get the idea! When Pdaddy and I got hitched we decided one thing was HUGELY important to us when we start a family. To eat dinner together around a table as a family. We RARELY go a day not doing this. The only exception would be a dinner away or one of us traveling. Mealtime is an important part of our lives. It is what makes us feel comfortable in our surroundings. It is a constant.

The plus side to being farm raised is I was raised on wholesome. REAL. Fresh, down home vittles. Some meals would take all day to mix and blend the flavors together. Others, were semi fast and easy. These are the ones I turn to on busy weeks! Fall is our busy season. 3 of the 4 play soccer. And 1 of the 4 does cheer. We have 2 days off a week...Friday's and Sunday's (although the first 1/2 is spent at church!) Yet amongst the hubbub of life...we need to feed the hunger! I am hoping this recipe will become one of those for YOU!


Chicken Parmigiano and homemade marinara (Thank you Foster Farms for sponsoring this post!)

2 eggs (beaten)

2  cups Italian style Panko
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning (dried)
(mix)


3 Boneless Skinless chicken breasts, sliced in 1/2 then flattened with a meat pounder


1 can crushed tomato
15 fresh basil leaves
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 thinly sliced, chopped white onion slices
Pinch of salt
(to make Marinara)


We utilize the Marinara portion of this recipe for almost everything! It's a great one to make ahead and freeze. Taking this recipe to a whole new level of easy!

I started out with Foster Farms Simply Raised Fresh Chicken. It's a brand that goes back generations for my family. Our farm was surrounded by friends and even family that were raising chickens FOR Foster Farms. I grew up seeing how they were cared for. How they were raised and it is a brand that I know well I love and I trust. I only use Foster Farms.


You can find Foster Farms Simply Raised Fresh Chicken almost anywhere! I can go to my grocery store or my local Target store! It's wonderful!


I first prepared my chicken. I took any aggressions I may have had at the moment out with flattening my chicken breasts! I then stuck inside the bowl of beaten egg and dredged through the panko and laid onto a baking sheet.


Bake 40 minutes at 400 degrees. I then placed inside a casserole dish and did the following...


It is so easy my 3 year old could put this dish together! Simply ladle your marinara sauce over your breaded chicken. Layer mozzarella cheese slices over top. Stick back into your oven till the cheese is bubbly and then serve over angel hair pasta! Done and fed!

The Marinara is even simpler! You ready for this? You can fool your friends into thinking this sauce takes days!

If I am making it fresh, I do start this recipe WHILE my chicken is in the oven!


Pour your Tbsp of olive oil into a sauce pan. You will then dump your chopped onion slices into the oil. Heat on medium until the onions take on a translucent tone (middle pic). You will then dump in your can of crushed tomatoes, fresh basil leaves and pinch of salt. Mix together. Bring to boil then turn down to low. Simmer for a 1/2 hour.

My point with this recipe...is dinner doesn't have to be hard. You can still have the down home feel within a short period of time. We can surround ourselves with laughter and stories while breaking bread together as a family. Breaded chicken that is!

You Might Also Like

0 comments