Buttermilk Pancakes

Lactose Free - Faux Buttermilk almond pancakes

10:26:00 PM


My sweet big unfortunately is lactose intolerant. You would be surprised how many things she cannot eat. How many things she misses out on and how sad it makes her mama. I have made it my mission to alter recipes or come up with our own so she can partake on noshing numminess at its best! One staple in our home is pancakes!

Each Christmas I make homemade snowman pancakes and we devour them. I decided to make almond "buttermilk" pancakes this go around! I can't wait to hear what you think!

2 eggs
2 1/2 cups lactose free milk
2 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp sugar
6 Tbsp melted margarine
2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
6 tsp baking powder

I start by mixing the lemon juice and lactose free milk together. Combining these two ingredients makes "sour milk" which in turn is more like buttermilk. You can let it sit a bit once you have whisked it well and it will start to thicken. I then mix in the eggs, and go on down the list. REMEMBER when mixing in the melted margarine you do not want to scramble the eggs in your mixture! So pour in slowly and be sure to beat continuously with the whisk! I add in the the baking powder last.

Make your pancakes. Serve and enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments