chocolate zucchini muffins

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

12:00:00 AM


A few years back my friend Elizabeth shared the most AMAZING recipe with me. It was the year we all grew more Zucchini's than we even knew what to do with. We were frying them, BBQ'n them. Freezing them. Baking them...but she gave me this recipe and it has been a household favorite ever since! Be forewarned you won't be able to eat just 1, the batch makes about 30 muffins, they freeze awesome OH and best part...kids think they are eating a treat because of the word "chocolate"! Boy, if they only knew!


Preheat your oven to 350 and line your muffin tins with paper liners.

I stick all the ingredients into Prudence (my Kitchen-Aid mixer) in this order:
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup applesauce (the Tree Top applesauces that you would stick in your kids lunches...you know the small bowl like ones? They are the PERFECT size/amount!)
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 

Turn on and mix. Then add in:
  • 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves (I like to ground mine myself in my coffee bean grinder...smells SO good and is so yummy fresh!)
  • 3 cups of flour
Mix. I then use a scoop to divide into my muffin pans. Bake for 22 minutes. Stick a toothpick in to make sure comes out clean and then let cool on a cooling rack. Good luck keeping your mitts off of them as they cool!



You Might Also Like

0 comments