1st Birthday

Olivia in Onederland

12:00:00 AM


I am blown away. My baby is one. I cannot believe how fast this year has flown. My heart breaks at the thought of my children growing up. With each year they need me less and less. But at the same time its a year of celebration. Milestones met. New experiences made. Olivia Joy is one of the greatest blessings. The theme of her party was "Olivia in Onederland". I contacted my friend Jessica of 4th and Market and she helped me come up with the absolute best invites! I loved working with her so much she will be creating my next ones for sure! I was late to the game and I had them printed and cut at my local FedEx Office store...but will utilize her printing services in the future.


They had the wonderful "Dick and Jane" vintage feel that I was going for. I am so happy with them! I wanted her entire party to be a reflection of my style for her. Sweet, fresh and classic. The cake was simple, yet stunning. All the items I used for her party were made to be reused as decorations in her room. I found awesome thrifted crates, shutters etc.


I found adorable mini bird houses at Michael's and the chalk board tags as well. I used a white crayon the tags and attached them to the bird houses to hold the forks. I found the most perfect spray paint at Joanne's called Robin Egg Blue that I used to spray paint things to the perfect "blue". Vanilla wafer cookies were dipped in pink candy melts and then we used heart shaped valentine sprinkles on top. The chocolate below the wafer cookies are flower shaped chocolate cupcakes I dusted with powdered sugar. And the wreath is a favorite, an adorable tutorial I found over at The 36th Avenue blog! She was sweet enough to tell me where she bought the cupcake liners to make it (YES...cupcake liners! Genius right?!) The tissue poms are polka dot tissue paper from Target and the Dick and Jane book I thrifted BRAND NEW for $3! I felt rather guilty cutting pages out of it...but it was for a good cause! The Coca Cola box held mason jars with pink polka dot paper straws.


I bought the mason jar drink jug at Bed Bath and Beyond. It was the very last one and was marked down to $19.99. When I went to purchase it...it rang up for $14.99! SCORE! I served a few different dips, rice krispies and the beverage was actually iced water that I cut up fresh strawberries and frozen blackberries. It was delicious and I will be making it again for everyday drinking.


The watering cans were from the Dollar Spot at Target and once again I spray painted them. Inside there is a mason jar holding the roses and the babies breath was placed in around the outside of the jar.


I always go with Gus and Ryan at Lambs Bakery in Wilsonville, Oregon. We have had an amazing relationship for the past 10 years. I came in with an idea and they add to it and make it even better than I could have imagined. I asked for a 3 layer cake as I wanted tall. Mint frosting simple, smooth with the deco you see on the sides. They coordinated the large cake with her smash cake that was included at no charge. They have my business for life.


Olivia's party was perfect. She had a great time and she loved being the center of attention. Watching her do the cake smash in the middle of our dining room table was the best yet. One of the little boys at the party thought the smash cake was for everyone and whispers to his mom "Geez mom, she's not giving us a chance!" What a blessing a year makes.



You Might Also Like

0 comments