chocolate mallows

Chocolate Mallows

12:00:00 AM


When I was a little girl there was a cookie shop at the mall my mom would take me to. My absolute favorite cookie was a chocolate cookie with marshmallow filling and creamy chocolate frosting over the top. They closed down and I have never had anything like it since. I have finally come up with about as close of an adaptation as you can get! Years of perfecting it. Trial and error and I am SO happy with my own personal version!


Meet Prudence...my newest addition (awesome birthday present from the hubby! I am in love!). I placed the following ingredients in the mixer:
  • 3/4 cup margerine
  • 1/2 cup crisco
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 3/4 cup, heaping unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
Mixed till combined then with my mixer on the lowest setting I added in 2 cups of flour.


Preheat your oven to 350. Using a medium sized scoop (I wanted my cookies to be more round but you can drop by the rounded spoonful if you do not have a scoop!) I dropped dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 11 minutes and let cool completely.


When cooled drop a dollop of Marshmallow creme in the center of the cookie. A little goes a long way as it will spread a bit! Then dust lightly with unsweetened cocoa powder.


The gooey-ness of the chocolate chips inside of the cookie makes up for the frosting I loved so much. I had no problem finding taste testers in my home and the hubby who doesn't like sweets was caught sneaking a few! I store them without the fluff and add the marshmallow on before eating! Have a sweet...blessed day!


You Might Also Like

0 comments