Easy Dinner

Hey Good Lookin' Watcha got Cookin' - Mandarin Orange Pasta Salad

12:00:00 AM


This is an old favorite we hadn't made in a long time! I will admit my children snubbed their noses at me and I laughed and said that was fine more cookies for me afterwards! The baby inhaled hers along with my husband and I!

Make the dressing and set it aside by mixing together:
  • 1 tsp. finally chopped, peeled fresh ginger
  • 1 garlic clove, pressed
  • 1/3 cup rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 packet of onion soup mix (I prefer Lipton)
You will then take 1 chicken breast (this recipe CAN be made meatless if you are vegetarian!) and stick in a pan over medium-low. Drizzle sesame oil all over the chicken so that its evenly coated. Cook on 1 side 5 minutes. Flip and drizzle the opposite side with sesame seed oil. Cook another 5 minutes and then cut into bite sized pieces. Finish cooking till no longer pink. Then remove from heat. While you are making your chicken, boil about 8 cups of water and cook 8 ounces of bow tie pasta noodles (as directed on box). When your noodles are done you are going to drain and rinse with cold water. This will stop the noodles from cooking any further!! Plus this will cool them down for your salad. Drain the cold water out and set aside.


In a large bowl, dump in your chicken. And add the following:
  • 1/2 English cucumber (these are seedless!), scored (meaning scrape 4 sides of peel off), sliced and then cut into 4's
  • 1/2 cup diced red pepper (I used my food chopper to get it fine)
  • 1/2 cup red onion (again I used my food chopper!)
  • 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
Toss your ingredients together. Dump in your pasta and mix together. You will then add in 6 oz of fresh baby spinach (if normal sized spinach leaves I tear in 1/2). Dump your dressing over top and mix thoroughly.


Eat and enjoy! Have a blessed day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments