delicious

Hey Good Lookin' Whatcha Got cookin'?! - French Crepes

10:25:00 AM


Last night I decided I wanted breakfast for dinner! But, I wanted my childhood favorite which has ALSO become my children's favorite...French Crepes. Growing up we called them "egg pancakes"! My recipe has evolved over the years and I have perfected it to the t! Here is what you will need:

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup milk (I use Lactose free milk since my oldest is lactose intolerant but can be any including almond milk!)
  • 3 Tbsp margarine melted
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
Mix all the ingredients together with a whisk. Depending on HOW cold your milk is the flower can be a wee bit lumpy...do your best but not to worry it will not make lumpy crepes!

 
As you can see mine was a wee bit lumpy!
 
 
Melt butter in a small pan...swish it around.
 
 
Pour a small amount in a pan.
 
 
Swirl around the pan.
 
 
Flip your crepe!


Spread jelly down the center...I used my homemade strawberry jelly recipe (find it HERE)


Roll your crepes and dust with powdered sugar...my mom has always used lemon slices to drip on the crepes! These are delish!! You can also leave your crepes flat and just use butter and syrup! Have a blessed day!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i'm drooling over here! i would love to try this recipe but idk that i have the skills to actually make the crepe haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SOOOOO good and no joke incredibly easy!! TRUST me! I know you can do it! But you only make 1 at a time! Its a much thinner layer and consistancy that pancakes!! You can TOTALLY do it!!!

      Delete