Chicken and Dumplings

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'

1:32:00 PM

Ooooh its a recipe sorta day around here! In Oregon we are having a blustery day! Normally we are starting to warm up and will have intermittent rain and sunshine...well tonight to tomorrow we are supposed to have snow mixed in so will be a drizzly mess! This recipe is a household favorite AND its super easy! Chicken & Dumplings.

I am always trying to find new ways to use up my leftovers! Here is what you will need:

  • 1/2 a rotisserie chicken (we buy ours from Costco...they are reasonably priced and large! We eat 1/2 one night and then I shred the rest for this dish the next night!)
  • 1 frozen vegetable package (I love Fred Meyer's country veggie mix. It has carrots, green beans, corn and then I add in fresh broccoli chopped small!)
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup (I prefer Campbell's!)
  • 4 oz of sour cream
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • Bisquick

In a large bowl I dump all of the ingredients (except the Bisquick & cheese) and mix together! Did I tell you this recipe is EASY??!!


Once mixed together I dump in the cheese (as you can see I used a cheese blend as I was lazy, had this on hand and didn't feel like busting out the cheese grater!) Mix cheese in thoroughly.


Spread ingredients in a non-greased 8x8 (9x9 works too!) baking dish.


I then mix Bisquick and water together in a separate bowl to make the dumplings! I like the mixture to be thick...but not too thick (sticky to touch but not runny!) When I purchase the small boxes of Bisquick I use 1/2 of the box to make dumplings!


Dump your dumplings on top and cook at 350 for 35-45 minutes (be sure to use a fork and lift the dumplings to check the bottoms. This way you don't eat goopy dumplings! Blech!)


That's it! SO easy and so delicious! I hope you love it as much as we do! Have a blessed day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments