Creamy Rosemary Potato

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'

9:29:00 PM

OK so I am in love with Ree! If you don't know who I am talking about...you need to google her! Ree Drummond can I just live with you! I grew up on a farm so this girl knows how to do hard work and cook!! No but for real, she makes me feel like I am at home! I LOVE that she doesn't hold back!!

I am even MORE excited that she is going to come out with a 2nd cookbook! YAY Ree!! Anyhow, this recipe is one of hers but I did tweak it a bit! This is MY tweaked version!!


Creamy Rosemary Potatoes *killer good I tell ya!!

4 Tbsp Butter
1 cup 1/2 & 1/2 (split into 1/2 cups!)
1 cup heavy cream (again split into 1/2 cups!)
6 medium potatoes sliced thin (I used my mandolin USE THE SAFETY GUARD! I figured that out by slicing off part of my thumb! But this recipe was worth it!)
4 cloves of garlic- minced
1 med onion, finely diced
8 oz cream cheese at room temp
1/2-1 tsp salt, to taste
Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp minced rosemary leaves (I grow mine all year round! LOVE!)
3 green onions, light green and medium green parts thinly sliced
1 cup Parmesan (I used the shake kind...as it was way cheaper!)
1/2 package of Italian cheese blend
3 Tbsp minced chives (I used scissors)

Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 pan. Set aside and combine your 1/2 cup half and half and 1/2 cup of cream and pour over your sliced potatoes in a large bowl and set aside. In a large skillet over Med-Low heat melt the butter and add the garlic and onion until translucent and fragrant about 4 minutes. Cut the cream cheese in 1/2 and throw both haves in the skillet stirring constantly. Stir until smooth and then pour in the rest of the cream and half & half. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add the rosemary, green onions and the Parmesan.

Dump the potatoes into your baking dish and then pour your cooked mixture over top. Sprinkle on your Italian cheese and then bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven, let it cool about 10 minutes and then cover with chives!

Voile! Super yummy! We made a ham, mashed sweet potatoes, this and rolls! YUMMY! Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments