chocolate zucchini muffins

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'

3:03:00 PM

OH MY-LANTA! I completely had a week! You know the kind where you kind of veg out from your brain and forget everything you were supposed to do?! Anyone else been there, done that?! lol! Well only a week late to get the recipes to y'all from the Farm themed party! Ooops! Sorry!



Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

Ingredients
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • ½ cup applesauce
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar, oil and applesauce. Add the cocoa, vanilla, zucchini and stir well.
3. Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom. Mix until just moist.
4. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins filling 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack. Store loosely covered

They are delicious! Let me just say! I cannot take credit for this recipe however...as that would be just plain rude! My dear friend Elizabeth is the "giver" of this recipe! I had zucchinis coming out my ears last Summer and searched for yummy new recipes. This was one she gave me! The other was for zucchini enchiladas...I do have to say I have not been brave enough to try it! Although she says they are delicious!

The next recipe is a HUGE hit with my friends! In fact my friend Shannon one year asked me to make it for her birthday!



Oven Caramel Corn
  • 15 cups plain popped popcorn (I have a good ol' Orville Redinbocker style one!)
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter or stick of margarine (if you have unsalted butter, add a pinch more of salt!)
  • 1/4 cup of light corn syrup
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 200 degrees.
  2. Place popcorn in a LARGE bowl (the one I use is 18 cup size!) set out 2 ungreased 13x9 rectangular pans.
  3. Heat brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until bubbly around the edges. Once bubble around edges, cook continuously for 5 minutes without stirring then remove from heat. Stir in the baking soda until foamy.
  4. Pour your mixture over the popcorn and toss until evenly coated. I like to pour about a 1/4 of it in at a time. Pour popcorn into your two baking dishes.
  5. Bake 1 hour stirring every 20 minutes. Spread onto aluminum foil and cool completely for about 30 minutes so it can harden!
I LOVE to make my own Moose Munch by adding almonds that I covered in chocolate (you heat choc chips and a little bit of Crisco in a metal bowl that is sitting in a pot of boiling hot water!) SO yummy!



And finally my famous crock pot meatballs! The worlds EASIEST recipe...love it! 3 ingredients...1 bottle of Welches brand grape jelly (seriously use their brand!), a bottle of Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Mix together in your crock pot (don't forget the crock pot bag!) and dump in as many Costco pre-made meatballs that you can (they are frozen and in the frozen meat area). Easy peasy! You must try it!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! We have crazy days ahead of us and...wait for it...little Miss Ava Faith is turning 1 next week! I am hoping her party turns out the way it is in my head! Can't wait to share!

(we love spending as much time at the farm's as possible in the Fall! We have already been to different ones 4 times! We did 3 in one weekend!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments