Baby shower

Shooting Stars- Shower for a boy

7:24:00 PM

I had the honor of throwing a baby shower for my best friend! She is having a baby boy next week actually and I scoured the Internet for unique party ideas. I was frustrated at the options for boys so I did my own! I hope you like it!

The colors I went with were chocolate brown, light blue and silver. I decided I wanted to do a star themed shower with a rustic twist...you will learn I like to do just about everything with a rustic twist! That's the country in me! My dear friend Michelle of Casual Camera was sweet enough to take some pictures!!

First off I went to Michael's Craft store and found plain white stars out of like a cardboard material. I then painted them silver with the cheapest silver paint I could find. I also bought the Martha Stewart brand glitter glue and silver glitter and then covered them front and back...when I say cover think glitter all over my kitchen! I highly recommend laying down wax paper first for easy cleanup!


I was excited to find clear with silver glitter bracelet style "string" to hang them with! (its the kind that kids can add beads too...mama brain can't remember the exact name!)

I used yellow scrapbook paper and hand drew a moon shape and then cut it out so it hung in-between the stars above the present table.


I used grosgrain ribbon and created a clothes line with onesies and socks for decoration on the opposite side of the room.



I was THRILLED to find silver star edible confetti at Joannes Fabric's and decided to make chocolate covered marshmallows and sprinkle them on top! Don't you just love how they turned out?!!





I found the metal pail in the $1 spot at Target! (I love that store!) and used some of the extra ribbon from the clothesline to decorate around (I attached the ribbon with glue dots). I found a Styrofoam ball at the dollar store that I cut a slice off of to make it sit flat inside the pail (really I should have found oasis so it would have been easier to stick the sticks inside!) I then used decorative shredded paper to cover.
The party favors of course HAD to go with the theme and I love the unique-ness of making the seed packets (view how to here: Shower Favors) I couldn't find a stencil so I made my own and free-handed the stars and moons! I used a raised dot so the moon sat higher than the star and then a silver pen to write in baby's name!






For food we went with crock pot style meatballs (Costco meatballs and add in a bottle of Welches Grape Jelly and a bottle of Baby Rays' BBQ sauce - let melt together and they are yum delish!) Fruit tray with ranch dip. Fruit kabobs and I made a pumpkin dip for the fruit.

Pumpkin Dip:

1/2 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup cream cheese (6 oz)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Beat ingredients together with a hand mixer until smooth and serve with fruit! My fave way to eat it is with pineapple!

We also served a big jug of lemonade that we garnished with sliced lemons and sliced oranges! We served the lemonade in mason jars that had blue striped straws. I also decorated wood letters with scrapbook paper from Joannes to spell out babies name! These were re-used in the baby room!





I worked with a local gal that makes cakes and cupcakes and she was able to make fondant stars and moons with glitter for the cupcakes! I placed them on a tower and it added to the ambiance of the whole shower!




It was so much fun showering Sarah with love. Food, friendship and fond memories for sure! Now we can't wait for her little bundle of love to arrive! Thank you Michelle for your amazing work in capturing the shower!


*me and my bundle of love...Mush Mush!




You Might Also Like

1 comments