black beans

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'

9:23:00 AM

Mmmmm....delish is the only way I can describe this Saturday edition! I confiscated this recipe from a friend (shshshsshhhhh...don't tell her I am sharing!) It's just too good to keep under wraps! Its easy and you can even throw it into the crock pot the night before and cook the next morning! DON'T forget your crock pot bag!

Chicken Tortilla Soup:

1 lb frozen chicken (breasts or thighs - boneless/skinless)
1- 15oz can diced tomatoes (I LOVE Hunts brand fire roasted and it has extra goodness in it!)
1- 10 oz can enchilada sauce (I use red)
1- can black beans rinsed and drained (this removes the "gassy building" materials)
1- medium onion, chopped
1- 4oz can chopped green Chile peppers
2- cloves garlic, minced
1- 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 whole bay leaf (remember to remove this before eating the soup!)
1- 10oz package frozen corn





Combine all the ingredients into your crock pot and cook on high 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours!


Now I will be honest...I forgot to take an after picture before eating dinner because I was so hungry from smelling the yummy goodness that I just plum forgot!! When the soup is done cooking take a fork and shred up the chicken just a bit. I chop fresh cilantro, avocado and also top with shredded cheese and tortilla chips!


You Might Also Like

0 comments