hey good lookin' watcha got cookin'

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'

9:50:00 AM

OMG, can you believe it?! I am back!! YAY! No really, I have missed you guys! My camera is still in need of repair but we found our old clunker of a camera which is not the greatest photography wise but does the job for the time being! Today I am excited to share my super duper amazing Spiced Pumpkin Bread recipe! The best part is this recipe makes 2 loaves! I know what you are probably thinking...pumpkin...in July? Well my dear friends I had an urge for something yummy different than banana bread! This recipe does not disappoint!

We recently had a very dear family/neighbor sell their home. It was like breaking up when we gave each other back our house keys. I miss them so much but you know what? The people that bought the house...we are friends with and have been for years! Isn't that neat/ironic/amazing all at the same time? Anyhow, I wanted to brings something to them as a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" sorta deal. So I came across this yesterday! If you haven't checked out 30 Handmade Days Blog I definitely think you should!


This was what I made! She had a great printable and the card below says "Things we love" and lists thinks like: parks, restaurants, sites, theatres, doctors, dentists etc! It also lists a spot for your phone number!

OK back to bread! I made the full batch to give a loaf to them (Paul said I really needed to bring them a 6 pack, but hey!)



In a large bowl mix together 1 -15 oz can of pumpkin, 3 cups of sugar, 1 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola!) and 3 large eggs.


Next you will add in: 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder and the KEY ingredient...Pampered Chef Brand Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend...I kid you not this is the BEST spice you will ever use!! I HIGHLY recommend getting it. And I am not just saying that because I sell Pampered Chef!! (BTW click on one of the links that says Pampered Chef and it will take you directly to my website!) OH back to the recipe...3 heaping tsp of the Cinnamon plus spice blend! I have tried pumpkin spice etc at the store and it is just not the same!! Mix together and then add in 3 cups of flour.



Lightly grease and flour two bread pans. I use Pam spray and then toss in some flour! SO much easier than buttering the pan and works just the same!



Divide batter evenly amongst pans and bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes! Your house in the meantime will smell divine!!



When done baking let stand in pans for 5 minutes and then transfer bread to a cooling rack.



When we came back from a run last night...this is what I found! Looks like the kids got to it right? Wrong! My Dear Husband hunked off a piece before we went out for a run. Hellooooo...ever heard of a knife buddy? I told him if he does it again he is not allowed to partake in the eating festivities! Turkey.



And this is what we delivered to our new neighbors/friends! We did throw in a few beverages for for the adult drinking pleasure as well...but keeping it PG people!

Have a fantastic weekend!

I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord; The humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together...Psalms 34:1-3

You Might Also Like

0 comments