basil

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'

11:41:00 AM

Today is a gorgeous spring day! The girls and I are rockin' the white skirts I am wearing a tank top and they are wearing matching Hello Kitty shirts! Noah is sportin' some shorts and flip flops and its a hip hop happy day for sure! We have big plans of planting outside and some organizing of the garage, but in the meantime I thought I would share my secret Macaroni Salad recipe!


(No I don't add in basil but I am so thrilled to see our basil seeds sprouting! I found this tin in the $1 spot at Target and it's even better than I could have imagined! The basil is now large and fresh smelling and graces the center of our dinner table!)

It won't be so secret anymore! It took me a LONG time to master this one so I hope you all like it as much as we do!!



Dressing:

3/4 cup Buttermilk
3/4 cup Mayo (I am a snob and ONLY use Best Foods or for you East Coasters Hellman's!)
1 Tbsp Mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
salt & pepper to taste

Mix together in medium sized lidded bowl and set aside.

Meanwhile, cook 1 3/4 cup of uncooked macaroni (this makes 3 cups in the end) as it says on the package. While your noodles are cooking, dice up 2 celery sticks and dump into dressing. Dice 1/3 of a cup onion (I usually use yellow as that is what I always have on hand!) and the key ingredient 1/2 cup of bread and butter pickles diced *YUM*!!

Combine all ingredients in your dressing bowl and chill 1hour. Serve and eat to your hearts desire!

I make this recipe and put in small bowls for my husband to take in his lunch or I make it for BBQ's and potlucks! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

This is my sweet Emily Grace as I was cooking my macaroni salad:


and this is the picture she made me (if you couldn't figure it out it is ME wearing my wedding dress!)


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your macaroni salad looks good! Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from the Buzz On By Thursday Blog Hop. I’m trying to get some attention to my new facebook fan page. Would love it if you would ‘like’ my page: http://www.facebook.com/flightlessgoose. I also have a blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! I don't know how I missed this post! I literally went through your whole blog. hahaha

    ReplyDelete