children

Behind the scenes - Mom life

9:53:00 PM



All the things I never knew were possible before I became a mom, and the list is ever growing.

Toilet paper: Is never on the roll. I usually find a round tube of cardboard instead. Rarely is there soft, plush white squares for my use. Yes, I have a stand that I fill multiple times a week with fresh rolls. Doesn't seem to matter if it is in my own bathroom or any other bathroom in our home. Toilet paper is rarely at the ready for mom.

Toilets: Are rarely flushed. I could offer my babes a dollar for every flush, and the bribery still wouldn't work. So if you need a potty break and you are at my home...I cannot guarantee the toilets are flushed or that you will have toilet paper.


Target: Yes, I am a lover of the bullseye! WHO isn't?! But if I have 1 or more children in tow, let's face it. I will be stuck inside the snowglobe of trance for at least the next 2 hours. Give or take. This is if I have 8 or more items on my list. Typically I need help as I LEAVE as my filled cart has now turned into 2 filled carts. HOW does this happen? We will never know. NOW, if I go by myself I could be there 2 hours but it is because I am sipping coffee and texting with friends! Never because of the shopping list itself.

Getting ready: Now, even if I am up an hour "before" the kids (seriously I swear there is a beacon on them that JOLTS them awake the minute I am up!) my 10 minutes shower and 10 minute routine to get ready turns into over an hour. "Mom, can you get my toothbrush." walk out. "Mom, can you get the toothpaste, I dropped it behind the toilet." :: SHUDDER :: You turn the hairdryer on. Look up and have 8 sets of eyes staring at you. "Mom, I'm hungry." "Mom, I can't find _____" mom mom mom. This is true even when daddy is home.

Going potty alone: Yes, no longer is it "I need to go to the bathroom" or "I need to pee" It is now "potty". I cannot tell you the last time I went to the bathroom by myself. I could lock the door and stealthily escape into the silence of the cool bathroom...only to find the cat jump out from behind the bathroom curtain and take the place of the children. Oh, and don't forget the fact I will have no toilet paper. Ever.

What's yours is theirs: You want xyz...be prepared to share. Cause it will never be JUST yours!


The thing I never realized before becoming a mom...the joy these babes would bring to my life. The sleepless nights of worry only because my heart loves these little ones so.

The amount of faith I had to have in a higher calling. Knowing I cannot do this alone.

I have never laughed so hard in my life. I have never smiled so much and I could never even begin to imagine my life without the most precious people that call me mom.

One of my biggest pet peeves, are the comments I get on a daily basis. "WOW...4? You have your hands full." I make a point of laughing and then smiling and saying "Nope, I have my heart full."


I didn't expect to see my heart from the outside. No one ever told me that I would stare at there faces for hours on end and I would count the angel kisses that lay upon their noses, memorizing every single detail from lashes to fleck of color in their eyes. God, thank you. Thank you for entrusting me with the most precious gifts possible.

You Might Also Like

0 comments