Easy Dinner

Hey Good Lookin' - Goulash

6:00:00 AM


One of my most cherished memories of my childhood is cooking. Standing in the kitchen listening to my Grandmother tell me stories, or having my Mom tell me stories. Passing down traditions, flavors and tastes. This recipe is one my own babies have come to love...for some reason THIS particular recipe always brings back the memory of my Grandfather telling my Grandma how he doesn't like "tuna casserole". No big deal right, except for he waited about 30 years to TELL my Grandma this and she had been making it pretty much weekly that entire time as he always gobbled it up so she had thought it was one of his favorites!

This recipe IS one of our favorites and it's an easy perfect cold weather one. It is a play on Goulash. Original Goulash is actually Italian and there is also a Hungarian version...this is "toss whatever is in your cupboard" version!

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion diced
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 15oz cans diced tomatoes (I love the fire grilled ones! Awesome flavor!)
2 15oz cans tomato sauce  
3 cups of water
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 Tbsp dried basil
1/4 Tbsp dried thyme
1/4 Tbsp dried oregano 
1 box Macaroni noodles

It takes one large pot! First I brown the ground beef till cooked through, drain off the grease and then toss in the onions and garlic. Stir together till onions become lucid in color then dump together the other ingredients. Stir! Bring to a boil and cook 20-25 minutes (till pasta is al dente).

We serve ours with cornbread and honey butter, then rub our bellies with delight! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments