Chicken Casserole

Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin? Chicken Casserole

9:12:00 PM


This time of year we are always on the search for something fast and easy. With sports 5 out of 7 days of the week our time is limited, but our bellies cannot wait! We are all about eating dinner as a family. Let's face it...easy recipes are hard to come by!

This is a tried and true recipe I made up back in college! Bertolli® Riserva has given it a homemade taste. I grew up on TRUE Italian food. Family dinners were filled with laugher, jokes, stories and food as far as the eye could see. I really don't know how they did it!

The thing I love about Bertolli®...is it has been 150 years since Francesco Bertolli began selling olive oil in the small town of Lucca, Italy! Family history is the best! Although, they are not apart of MY family...in a way they are! We have been using Bertolli® for as long as I can remember. In celebration of 150 years, for each photo shared via social media using #MyTuscanTable throughout October, Bertolli® will make a $1 donation to help end childhood hunger in America through a partnership with No Kid Hungry. With each dollar, No Kid Hungry will provide 10 healthy meals to kids in need, up to a half a million meals. No Kid Hungry is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring kids have the healthy food they need, every day. The Bertolli® brand is proud to lend its passion for uniting people over food to help connect kids struggling with hunger to the nutritious meals they need to grow and thrive.

Here is how I feed my family...

1 box penne rigate pasta
1 jar Bertolli® Riserva Pasta Sauce
Swiss Cheese
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs


Using my grill pan (a regular skillet will work too!) I cook 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs on medium heat. Flavored with crazy mixed up salt, pepper, garlic seasoning salt. I love using chicken thighs as they are juicer and hold more flavor than chicken breast.


Now comes the hard part...deciding which flavor sauce to use! I am a sucker for the jars! Aren't they pretty! When chicken is cooked through, no pink. Dice in pan using your spatula. Turn to low and pour in 1 jar of Bertolli® Riserva sauce. I do not drain the chicken, I let all the juices simmer together into the sauce.

While the sauce is simmering cook your penne rigate noodles till al dente. <---- cooked just right! Preheat oven to 350.


Drain noodles and pour into a large mixing bowl. Pour chicken/sauce mixture over top and combine.


I love the rich color and taste! Yes, I may taste test just a bit! Every great chef does, right?!


Pour into a baking dish and top with layers of swiss cheese. YES, swiss! Just trust me! Stick in oven. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted completely.


OH the cheesy, yummy ooey gooeyness. Seriously. SO good! I serve with salad and carbs ---> I mean french bread! As you can see from the picture, I never get the bread to the plate before "taste testing" it's edibility!


Want to find some more easy recipes?! Just go HERE and pin to your hearts content...for real yo! You are going to be hungry just perusing!

You Might Also Like

0 comments